Expert support and advice for small business.
Emma Jones, MBE, launched Enterprise Nation in 2005 with one purpose: to help people start and grow successful businesses. She and her team do this through connecting start-ups and founders to relevant content, events, training, peers and advisers. In their opinion, informed by decades of experience, if a business accesses support at the earliest stage of its journey, it is far more likely to succeed.
Enterprise Nation is a vibrant community of small businesses and business advisers that exist to shortcut your route to trusted business support. Whether you’re starting or growing a business, we have the resources, expertise, and connections to help you get it right.
And it’s free to join!
Access support at a selection of events held up and down the UK, or online via a dynamic platform that gets you to answers and advisers fast.
Emma’s top tips for starting a new business:
- The more niche, the better.
- Do something you love doing. Whatever the idea, base a business on doing what you love as you’re going to spend a fair few hours working on it!
- Write a business plan. See the ‘Starting your own business section of the YPT Hub.
- Make a sale. One of the first jobs to perfect as a start-up founder is the ability to sell.
- Make some noise. Customers are more likely to buy from you if they’ve heard about you.
- Network like your life depends upon it. That’s one of mine.
- Embrace social media. As a start-up, technology is most certainly your friend.
- Balance the business. Operations, Business Development and Admin.